2.7 Stuck on Initializing After Update

Jump to solution
12-22-2020 11:50 AM
RonaldHuettner
New Contributor II

Updated from 2.6 to 2.7 and now Pro won't start. It goes to the splash screen and says Initializing but goes no further.

Also did a uninstall/install outside of the program and it made no difference.

Re-installed 2.6 and 2.6 works fine. Don't think I have any addins.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Step 1 seems to be verified again in step 11. If you never use offline mode, don't worry about it. 

Make sure you are running Windows 10 (ArcGIS Pro 2.7 requirement).

Try this tip using %ProgramData% and %ProgramFiles% :

2.gif

View solution in original post

19 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
RonaldHuettner
New Contributor II

No luck. Still stuck.

I could not find the directories in Steps 6 & 7. Or the second key mentioned in Step 11.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

assumes that it is installed in the c:\Program Files folder.

If you don't have admin rights to your computer, be aware that folders some folders (like c:\users....\Apps ) can be hidden 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Ryan_Norton_Foxborough
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem, and I couldn't find the directories in Step 6 and 7 or the second key in Step 11 either, though I appear to have the hidden files showing.

FWIW, I wasn't sure what to do with step 1, and the processes in step 3 weren't running either.

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Step 1 seems to be verified again in step 11. If you never use offline mode, don't worry about it. 

Make sure you are running Windows 10 (ArcGIS Pro 2.7 requirement).

Try this tip using %ProgramData% and %ProgramFiles% :

2.gif

RonaldHuettner
New Contributor II

I think you're right about the OS.

We're still on Win 7.😣

Edit: Now I'm not so sure. Looked back at the OS specs for 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7. They haven't changed.

0 Kudos
Ryan_Norton_Foxborough
New Contributor II

Oh, OK, I have figured it out now, I don't have Windows 10! I'll get that straightened out...

0 Kudos
BennyWhite
New Contributor II

Would have been real helpful to list Windows 10 up near the top of System Requirements.  Spent a full day trying to get 2.7 to install and initialize.  Uninstalled and reinstalled 2.6.

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

I had the same install error on a Windows Server 2016, but it was fixed by using the above mentioned guide.

I have admin rights on the system and had to enabled "show-hidden-files" in Windows to delete all the leftovers from previous Pro installations.

It is a common issue, why not create a uninstall tool esri?

0 Kudos