Table Appearance settings

09-16-2021 07:11 AM
Labels (1)
JakeKrall
Occasional Contributor III

Table Appearance Options are lacking.  Field names look the same as field values with background gray same as value area.  Would like the ability to change settings for easier legibility - font (all font settings, bold, size, etc) and background color to users choice.  See sample image.

JakeKrall_0-1631801334929.png

4 Comments
KoryKramer

Just adding a note here that there is an idea related specifically to adjusting cell height here:  Be able to see an entire cell in Pro attribute tab... - Esri Community  

and  Coordinate selection color in map and table for Pr... - Esri Community  for setting colors.

CMV_Erik

This idea would be helpful. One of the first things I do when working with a big table in Excel is change the formatting of the header row to distinguish it from the data. If I use an alternating row color, header would get a 3rd color.  

Unless I made a change I forgot about, ArcMap does this by default using bold, and that worked fine for me. 

ErikSavage_0-1631810586918.png

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

In ArcGIS Pro 2.9, we'll be making the table header more distinct to help with this stated issue, "Field names look the same as field values with background gray same as value area."  Note that there is no plan to enable additional header settings like changing color and font, but hopefully the improvement in 2.9 will make the field headers more easily distinguishable.

Example in dark theme:

KoryKramer_0-1632747417068.png

Example in light theme:

KoryKramer_1-1632747492880.png

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9