Publish Related Tables in ArcGIS Pro - Documentation

08-30-2017 02:25 PM
Labels (1)
MaxMarno
New Contributor III

In order to publish a feature class, with related records from ArcGIS Pro (i'm using 2.0), one needs to do so via the ribbon 'Share' menu and NOT by right clicking the individual layer via the Contents pane.

At the moment, the differences between these methods are not clear in the documentation:

Web feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

... Nor is there any mention to the implications for related tables.

4 Comments
KoryKramer

Max Marno‌ I think that what you're seeing is a difference in sharing only a selected layer and or the map and all of its layers as a web layer.

See this: Web feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you use the first option from the Share tab > Share As group > Publish Web Layer, are the related tables included in the published web layer?  I tested quickly and that option included a related table, while just right-clicking the individual layer in the Contents Pane > Share as web layer did not.

MichaelVolz

I would think that if you are sharing 1 layer that the related tables would also be shared.  That IMHO is intuitive.  At the least I think the documentation should be made clearer that only sharing 1 layer does not include related tables.  If I did not see your explanation which is not available in the Help, this is very unclear.

JonahLay
Status changed to: Closed

Hello,

After evaluating this idea, we have decided not to make any changes to the current behavior or documentation. To share related tables with the web layer, use the commands on the Share ribbon: Share tab > Share As group > Publish Web Layer. In the Share As Web Layer pane, under the Content tab, you'll see the tables that will be published.

JonahLay_0-1667517642651.png

Users who don't want to include the related tables in the web layer can share the selected layer(s) only by right-clicking the individual layer in the Contents Pane > Share as web layer.