Highly Noticeable Flash

11-01-2011 08:47 AM
Labels (1)
BenHoen
New Contributor II

I use the flash function often to try find features that are searched for in the "Find" tool.  The right-click "flash" option would be much more useful if the flash was highly visible, for example have it be large a bright red-yellow-or even blue (as the default for selected features). 

My idea then is to be able to change the default for this or make it's much more visible.

ben

23 Comments
PeteJordan

The only thing that it seems you can change is the highlight color in the Options which for those of us that are used to the pale blue (being one of the only colors we don't use for maps due to having it strictly for highlighting) that becomes an issue.

Having the quick flash as a Yellow was great or even those that need another color scheme, it should definitely be an option to change.  I am clueless why it's so hard coded and there hasn't been a simple update to fix this issue yet...

DaveFullerton

I don't know what I can add to the fine comments above that cover the issue so well.  So, so much has been added to Pro, but this cannot be improved without maybe a major, fundamental architectural change?  Hard to understand why this enhancement has not been made yet.

LinasNera

It's just a real shame and lack of awareness. Clients who pay a lot are their last concern… I can't think of something else. Me, as a user can't be happy with such situation.

DLynch_GCWATER

When right clicking a a row in the attribute table and selecting "flash", use the crosshairs that ArcMap flash displays.  It is very difficult to see which feature is flashing with the current flash display style in ArcPro.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

An option to display crosshairs when using Flash is planned for ArcGIS Pro 2.9, which we expect to see before the end of the year.  A remaining item that is planned post-2.9 will be an off-screen indicator when the feature being flashed is not in the visible extent.

MariaHanley

Yes, any updates in 2021??? ppl who use large datasets need the feature restored. If it can happen in arcmap you can make it happen in pro. Please Fix this! 

KoryKramer
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This request had become pretty specific to ArcGIS Pro.  In 2.9 an option is added to 'Show crosshairs when flashing' thus making it highly noticeable.

See Navigation Options

See the other ideas you will find when you upgrade in Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 or go directly to 5:30 in the video for a little demo.

MarkJacobi1

Thanks everyone for this discussion, I was able to set the flashes in Pro today (11/10/22)

DaveFullerton

@KoryKramer 

This was a very popular Idea.  I would have thought perhaps 'Show crosshairs when flashing' would end up being checked on in the settings/options by default.  In addition, the setting does not appear to be something we can control in the Pro.settingsConfig file.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/application-setting-management.htm

Do I need to submit and Idea about adding it to the config file, or do you know if that is already in progress?