Change Domain in ArcGIS Online via ArcGIS Pro

01-10-2017 05:30 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

Change Domain in ArcGIS Online via ArcGIS Pro.  Currently, I can manipulate fields in AGOL with Pro, I want to be able to update domains, and their attributes in Pro for AGOL services.

24 Comments
igemetristechnologies

I used the Configure an ArcGIS Solution to add the domains to a field on a hosted feature layer and it worked well. I would like to apply the same domains to other layers and I tried to use the arcpy code that was created and I get an error.

Code:

arcpy.solutions.UpdateDomain(r"Evacuation des eaux\Construction\evac_ligne_construction", "maj_user", "Coded Value", "maj_user", "0 cbach;1 abart;2 rriedo;3 dristevski;4 fcuenot;5 pmorel;6 jvurlod;7 ajesenicnik;8 sjubin;9 bchassay", None, None)

Error:

AttributeError: module 'arcpy' has no attribute 'solutions'

The tools from solutions can not be used by arcpy or some additional model need to be imported? 

ErickPoundFDNY

I am assuming the arcpy.solutions extends arcpy and is included in the solutions deployment tool. Thus far, I have been unable to find the Python code that is actually run. This is quite frustrating knowing there is a tool that dose it but not being able to access it for programmatic changing of hosted domains.

AlfredBaldenweck

I would like to be able to edit AGOL domains associated with hosted feature classes in ArcGIS Pro.

As of right now, you can view the domains in Read-Only mode, meaning that if you're editing the feature class and decide you want to make a change to the domain options, you have to open up AGOL, make the edits, then sync the FC, close/reopen Pro, or remove and re-add the feature classes for the changes to take effect.

Being able to edit them directly in Pro would make the process far more streamlined and save a lot of time and frustration.

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1649700855208.png

AmeliaBradshaw

Hello @AlfredBaldenweck Thank you for submitting this Idea! I wanted to let you know that we have an existing Idea for this request, Change Domain in ArcGIS Online via ArcGIS Pro . The core request for both your Idea and this one is to allow users to edit the domains of ArcGIS Online hosted services in ArcGIS Pro. Given that the older Idea has 80 kudos votes on it, I will merge these two Ideas. Once the two are merged, the text from this Idea will be added as a comment. Please upvote the "Change Domain in ArcGIS Online via ArcGIS Pro" Idea using the kudos button. 

Thank you!