Select to view content in your preferred language

Catalog view - rename a feature class (while previewing table)

Wednesday
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Yet another operation that should be simple in ArcGIS Pro, but it's not. If you go to rename a feature class you are viewing in the catalog view, you face an issue. Upon a second click on the feature class (aka "soft click" or "slow click"), which normally enables renaming, the table preview reloads itself and renaming is disabled, returning you to the selection and table preview below.

wayfaringrob_0-1720638751521.png

Not an issue in ArcCatalog at all, which still does not have a Pro equivalent ( Offer a standalone ArcCatalog replacement for ArcG... - Esri Community ).

4 Comments
SSWoodward
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thanks for this Idea @wayfaringrob,

I see two different behaviors when I attempt to reproduce this.  If the 'Metadata' tab of the catalog view has the focus, the cursor allowing renaming is activated on the second click.  If the 'Table' tab has focus, then the second click temporarily activates the cursor, but it is quickly closed and I am no longer able to rename.

Is that also the behavior you are seeing? I am in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.  Is that the client version you are also in?

wayfaringrob

@SSWoodward  Yes, seeing the issue with table (my most used) tab, not the others

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Open

SSWoodward

Thank you for clarifying.  I will ensure that gets viewed by the correct team.