Catalog File Type Options in Pro

02-26-2021 12:00 AM
Labels (1)
DavidGifford
Occasional Contributor

The ArcCatalog Options has the ability to add file types that will display in the Contents. For example you could add PDF and see them listed in ArcCatalog. Clicking on it would open the file in the associated program.

This would be handy to have in Pro.

This came about because I noticed that aprx's weren't showing up in Catalog (I found this idea for that) and thought I could add it as a file type.

DavidGifford_1-1614326304458.png

Tags (1)
19 Comments
ipeebles

Go to Pro...go to Pro.  Oh...doesn't include the file type functionality like ArcMap did.

Please add this functionality where we can view file types.  Enhancement request for ESRI.

GM1
by

Please add the ability to see obscure and less obscure file types as decided by the user via ArcCatalog in Pro. 

Please also add the ability to see file type e.g. point, line, polygon, grid as a category.  That way, we can sort and see all point features together.  This is handy for seeing if the data you want exists, or deciding whether to use centroids for small features vs their full representation.

i.e. please give ArcCatalog the full customisation options that ArcCatalog paired with ArcMap had.

JesseL
by

You can see GE kmzs/kmls but you can't see pdfs?  Would be a great addition to view all file types once again like ArcMap.

JesseL
by
AllenStutz1

Please add the capability to at least see other file types in Catalog views. It would be useful for us, for example, to be able to see and open TXT files.

bfindlay

I miss this capability as well. I used to commonly add .zip, .csv, and .pdf files among others so I could easily tell what content was available for a project. This was a super handy ArcCatalog feature and I think it would greatly enhance the experience in ArcGIS Pro. Don't know how 9 years into this software this is still not a feature. Please add this!

JillMasters1

This functionality is critically needed! Please add!

SeaRM
by

Hi all!

Use XTools Pro Catalog. You can browse non-spatial data formats there, too.

SeaRM_0-1710403798571.png

When is this going to be added? Please add!  I use the ArcMap Catalog as my Windows Explorer for all content.  The ArcPro Catalog does not allow me to do this so now I have to have both open all the time.