ArcGIS Pro: 2.4.2: Why the aprx file doesn’t appear in the catalog,

10-28-2019 12:14 AM
Labels (1)
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro: 2.4.2: Why the aprx file doesn’t appear in the catalog,

I observed that the aprx file doesn’t appear in the catalog. This means that one can’t switch from aprx to another by drag and drop.

4 Comments

Related to  .  

Thanks Kory.

The posted ideas were in 2016 and 2011

I have already voted

Kory,
While those topics are related they seem to want to dig further into the layer contents of the aprx/mxd files (almost like drilling down through a gdb perhaps?) I think what Jamal, myself, and others want to see is more simple; at the very least we just want to see that aprx in the tree just like we see every other Arc/GIS related file. From there we can open the project (in a new project window no doubt) instead of navigating windows explorer.

Thanks!

Alex

ArcPro catalog window doesn

think what Jamal, myself, and others want to see is more simple; at the very least we just want to see that aprx in the tree just like we see every other Arc/GIS related file. From there we can open the project (in a new project window no doubt) instead of navigating windows explorer.

I totally agree. Like in ArcMap where you see an MXD and you open it from the catalog, closing the current mxd. Do the same thing with aprx files and projects.