Catalog Expand to Open Folder

01-05-2021 01:47 PM
Labels (1)
Meg_Southee_WCS
New Contributor II

In ArcPro, add the ability to expand to the open folder in the Contents Pane when you click on an item in the Catalog View.  This functionality exists in ArcGIS Catalog and in Microsoft File Explorer.  Adding this feature to ArcPro would help with content management, and navigating the data structure.

4 Comments
KoryKramer

Thank you for submitting this idea @Meg_Southee_WCS !

At first it wasn't really clear to me what you were requesting (not your fault, just hard to describe the idea precisely with words only).  So after poking around a bit in file explorer, ArcCatalog and ArcGIS Pro Catalog View, I thought I'd post a .gif comparing the behavior in ArcCatalog vs. Catalog View.  I believe this is what you're referring to, correct?

ExpandFolderinCatalogView.gif

Meg_Southee_WCS

Thank you for providing the GIF.  Yes, this is the functionality that I am requesting to be developed.

NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration

AndrewWillingale

I'm trying to migrate to using Pro for everyday tasks. Today I'm doing some basic data management and hit this issue and thought I was missing something.

I'm shocked that we're at this stage in the development of Pro and we need to point out that the Contents pane should expand when interacting with the Catalog pane.