ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Enabling drag\drop property while adding tools in the model builder,

04-01-2020 01:45 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: Enabling drag\drop property while adding tools in the model builder,

I would like to suggest enabling drag\drop property while adding tools in the model builder such that we stick them in the place we need. Currently, tools are added by double clicking them and thus they are placed behind the tools pane or on other places.

Is this by design or something that can be enhanced?

9 Comments
DanPatterson_Retired

That is only one way... see

Add and connect data and tools, and modify elements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

already offered

Add Tools section

for the drag and drop access, 3 access points

• Drag and drop geoprocessing tools into ModelBuilder from the Geoprocessing pane.
  • Drag and drop geoprocessing tools into ModelBuilder from toolboxes in the Catalog pane.
  • Drag and drop geoprocessing tools into ModelBuilder from the geoprocessing history.
JamalNUMAN

My idea here is to be able to drag\drop the tool form the list offer on the canvas as shown in my screenshot

JamalNUMAN

This another documented feedback regarding the behavior of Pro when adding tools which is really frustrating

ModelBuilder Canvas UI Scrolling/Panning Improvements (Pro)

JamalNUMAN

Is this planned for 2.6?

Getting the added tools placed underneath the pane is annoying

ShitijMehta

Hello Jamal, 

No it is not in the product plan for 2.6. Will update as soon as it is in the product plan. We do have an action item to add the tools to an offset distance from the search window.

KoryKramer

Jamal - in Pro 2.7, like Shitij mentioned above, when the tool is added to the canvas, it will be offset so that it is not behind the search window.  While it is not explicitly a drag/drop from the search window onto the canvas, we hope that this improvement will resolve the frustration.

JamalNUMAN

Great! to avoid having tools behind the search window.

Hopefully, the drag\drop property can be activated in future releases

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.7: Something to Celebrate 

And check out what's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.7!

JamalNUMAN

Great

Clip_156.jpg