Allow dynamic pictures in report group footers

07-15-2021 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
StephenRhea_NV5
Occasional Contributor

Dynamic pictures can only be added to the Details section of a report, which means I can't take advantage of the Reporting functionality in Pro. I have an ArcMap workflow that runs LOS analyses on multiple Viewer Points to check the visibility of multiple Site Points. After the analyses are run, I generate a report that divides each page by Viewer Point and includes an image of the map showing the results of just that Viewer Point. The report is HTML rendered into a WinForms WebBrowser control so users can print to PDF (the client tends to frown on third-party libraries). I would love to use Pro's reporting engine to save the users the additional step and avoid the workaround, but right now I can't because of the dynamic picture restriction.

The attached image shows how I want to divide the report pieces in the designer. The Group Header and Details sections translate fine, but I can't add a dynamic image to the Group Footer.

4 Comments
LindsayMiller1

Additionally, I'd like to ensure this includes the ability to add multiple dynamic images to the same report. Thank you!

AlyciaRajendran_esri

Hello!

This functionality will be available at Pro 2.9 (this fall). 

Thanks!

- Alycia

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 

KoryKramer_0-1636764764116.png