Enabling Conflict Prevention: Error 130066: Unable to modify LRS. Objects in this class cannot be updated outside an edit session [Lrs.Metadata]

Jump to solution
09-15-2020 12:19 PM
StephenLassiter1
New Contributor II

I am attempting to enable Conflict Prevention on my branch versioned LRS dataset. When I run the Modify LRS tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1, I get the following error.

ERROR 130066: Unable to modify LRS.
Objects in this class cannot be updated outside an edit session [PODS_GIS.DBO.Lrs_Metadata]
Failed to execute (ModifyLRS).

I've searched forums for help with this error, and I've found many posts, but nothing really pertaining to ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing and the Lrs_Metadata table. Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenLassiter1
New Contributor II

Esri Support confirmed for me that the following tables should remain unversioned at all times:

Lrs_Event_Behavior
Lrs_Locks
Lrs_Metadata 

You do need to register all other feature classes, feature datasets, and tables in the database as versioned.

Esri Support says the documentation will be updated to include Lrs_Event_Behavior and Lrs_Metadata, in addition to Lrs_Locks, as tables that should be unversioned.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

Stephen Lassiter‌ Check your data preparation and versioning steps by referencing the link below. Also, I do not recommend having '.' in your LRS name. If issue persists - log a Esri Support case. Link: Share as web layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
StephenLassiter1
New Contributor II

I noticed the documentation Migrate an LRS from a file geodatabase to a multiuser geodatabase recommended to not register the Lrs_Locks table as versioned (which I didn't), which made me wonder if the Lrs_Metadata table shouldn't be registered as versioned. So I unregistered as versioned the Lrs_Metadata table, then re-ran the Modify LRS tool with Conflict Prevention enabled, and It appears it worked. Ayan Palit Can you verify whether Lrs_Metadata should be registered as versioned?

By the way, I did not use a '.' in my LRS name. I named my LRS 'APR'. When I created the LRS in my SQL Server enterprise geodatabase, it added the PODS_GIS.DBO. in front of the LRS name automatically. I'm not sure how to prevent this. 

0 Kudos
StephenLassiter1
New Contributor II

Esri Support confirmed for me that the following tables should remain unversioned at all times:

Lrs_Event_Behavior
Lrs_Locks
Lrs_Metadata 

You do need to register all other feature classes, feature datasets, and tables in the database as versioned.

Esri Support says the documentation will be updated to include Lrs_Event_Behavior and Lrs_Metadata, in addition to Lrs_Locks, as tables that should be unversioned.

0 Kudos