Parcel Tools Unavailable for Tax Parcel Type

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 02:38 PM
Labels (1)
Syvertson
Occasional Contributor III

I am having an issue where newly created parcels are apparently not recognized as parcels.  The parcels were created by: 1)using the traverse tool to create tax parcel lines, 2) creating seeds and 3) building active record.  Now I want to change parcel type to "pending parcel" and the tool icon is grayed out with an error message shown below.

MatthewSyvertson_0-1627335380356.png

You can also see that there are multiple tools grayed out that should be available. 

Below is what happens when I try to do exactly the same thing, but using a Conveyance Division instead of a Tax parcel.  (Same workflow under the same record)

MatthewSyvertson_0-1627335733113.png

Any ideas what is happening here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Syvertson 

This is weird and not the expected behavior.

Could you try to add your parcel fabric to a new map? If it works there for Tax parcels it would indicate that this might be a map configuration issue. If it works in the new map, you can try to copy-paste the tax layer from the temporary map to your editing map.

And you are always welcome to contact technical support where the development team can take a closer look.

Side note: it is interesting to see you have one map for 'parcel editing' and a second map for 'quality editing'.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Syvertson 

This is weird and not the expected behavior.

Could you try to add your parcel fabric to a new map? If it works there for Tax parcels it would indicate that this might be a map configuration issue. If it works in the new map, you can try to copy-paste the tax layer from the temporary map to your editing map.

And you are always welcome to contact technical support where the development team can take a closer look.

Side note: it is interesting to see you have one map for 'parcel editing' and a second map for 'quality editing'.

Syvertson

Good call.  I put the fabric in a new map and the tools are available when selecting a tax parcel.  A real pain to reconfigure how I want it, but at least doable.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Syvertson

Answering your side note:

I just added the quality editing map as a copy of the other map, and changed some symbology around because I wanted to look at the map differently as I panned around fixing topology errors. 

Syvertson

Regarding tech support:  It always takes weeks to get to a person who actually knows anything about parcel fabric.  In here I get answers quickly.  Thanks.

0 Kudos