Parcel Fabric features not appearing in map (Enterprise Portal feature service)

Jump to solution
04-08-2022 03:48 PM
WileyBogren
New Contributor III

Hello!

We just finished upgrading our Enterprise Portal to 10.9.1, and accordingly our ArcGIS Pro to 2.9.2 and building a new v5  Parcel Fabric 🙂

I'm working my way through a subsample dataset, just a few hundred parcels, to test licensing and functionality on the newly upgraded portal. The sample fabric seems fully functional on the file geodatabase where I made it, and maps as it should on the SDE after copying it over. It seems to publish successfully as a service to our Portal, and it seems to open to a new map perfectly fine, populating all of its layers automatically and so forth.

On the new map (using the feature service from our portal), the map is aware i've loaded a parcel fabric, offers me the record management interface on the top left, and I can see all my features in the attribute table. But they do not appear on my map at all. And I don't have any records to select from in the records management interface.

Is this an error type anyone has seen before, who could offer me some pointers?

Thank you!

Wiley

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WileyBogren
New Contributor III

Solved, thanks to esri tech support and our own IT department.

Network security software was blocking the map service, but somehow not the attribute table.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonathanMcDowell1
Occasional Contributor

I am following this post. I have encountered a similar issue with features not displaying on a map. The data is not in a parcel fabric.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you open the feature service and add just one of the feature layers to a map? I'd be curious to see if this issue is related specifically to loading the parcel fabric, or if it's something about the data itself.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
WileyBogren
New Contributor III

No different adding specific layers (points, parcel polygons, etc).

They work fine as layers off the SDE, but the feature service via enterprise portal is wonk.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor
The only cases I can think of where features would appear in the attribute table but not in the map are:

1. A display filter is applied - but this should not occur if you added a parcel fabric to a new map
2. The record features have no geometry - you can select a row in the attribute table, right click and zoom to it. If you cannot zoom to it and if it has no shape area it means it has no geometry.
3. A bug - contact technical support
You can also try to add the feature service of the record feature layer. You can do it through the Add Data and add the URL - it usually ends with '/0'
0 Kudos
WileyBogren
New Contributor III

Sounds like a bug, then. Attribute table has reasonable shape area and shape length values, and zoom-to takes me to where the features SHOULD be displayed - they're just not displayed 😕

Will file a support ticket. Thank you,

Wiley

0 Kudos
WileyBogren
New Contributor III

Solved, thanks to esri tech support and our own IT department.

Network security software was blocking the map service, but somehow not the attribute table.

0 Kudos