Select to view content in your preferred language

align parcels grayed out

Jump to solution
11-03-2022 08:16 AM
anna_garrett
Frequent Contributor

*** update 11/4/2022: my problem was not actually solved by the solution below. i can't revoke that solution checkmark. i tested the align tool on one parcel that i'd generated with the Copy Lines To tool, but the align tool continued to do nothing when i attempted to align the rest of the subdivision parcels at the same time. aligning one polygon at a time is untenable. ***

is there any reason align parcels would be grayed out if I imported lines to generate polygons from a CAD document? has anyone else run into this problem?

my workflow went like this:

-use CAD to Geodatabase to import lines

-planarize lines

-update cogo

-add seeds 

-build

the Align Parcels tool won't work at all. it is just gray, no error message. if I manually enter lines, everything works normally. I have 3 sections of this masterplanned subdivision to enter today, the DXFs take a huge chunk of the work out. I've run check/repair geometry a few times now and everything appears to be clean. the video for the align parcels tool seems to be gone and the documentation page is scant on details. I've tried everything I've learned from previous problems, like changing the point to edge snapping tolerance and nothing. 

I'm posting here instead of opening a ticket because I value the opinions of my peers and opening tickets as of late has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. If there was more documentation I could solve most of my problems on my own, at least that's how it used to be. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JeffWard
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info Anna. I'm trying to implement a CAD to parcels routine and I was concerned that the Update COGO tool wouldn't get the correct bearings and distances. Do you find that those come across correctly?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
anna_garrett
Frequent Contributor

in this instance, no. i suspect it's the underlying data in this case though, not so much the tools. by and large the DXFs i have imported have correct bearings and distances after importing and aligning them. 

0 Kudos