Where did the Media Map Current Location widget go?

Jump to solution
11-18-2020 01:53 PM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Where did it go? I'm baffled!

In 2019 this post clearly shows this tool but I can't find it anywhere in the builder, am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Update: 

Contacted Esri Support (case #02684984) and this has been logged as a bug #BUG-000136031. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amanda!

I went to the blog post you linked and followed the link they had as well (Media Map). If you sign in to ArcGIS Online > choose "Create a Web App" > add a title, tags and choose your map > on the Configuration page under the General tab there is an option to "Find current location". Once you enable this option, save your changes and launch the app you should be able too see it. Please see the screenshots below for more detail.

@SaraPeluso 

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User  thanks for the quick response. 

Unfortunately I am not seeing the same thing you are. There is no "General" tab in the builder. 

I have created the app from the configurable apps gallery (new JS 4.X framework app)

Amanda__Huber_0-1605811783541.png

When opened there is no general tab or way to add the Current Location Widget from either the Express Builder or Advanced Builder- 

Amanda__Huber_1-1605811888001.png

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Update: 

Contacted Esri Support (case #02684984) and this has been logged as a bug #BUG-000136031. 

0 Kudos