What does storage quota mean?

12-31-2019 05:28 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

From Accessing and managing users | ArcGIS for Developers  there is the example:

quota = me.storageQuota
used = me.storageUsage
pc_usage = round((used / quota)*100, 2)
print("Usage: " + str(pc_usage) + "%")‍‍‍‍

what is the usage a percentage of? The users quota? The org quota? Where does one find these quotas, and where is that documented? Trying to unravel a storage problem, and needing to get into what each user is storing. 

Regardless of what user is logged in, I always get the same percentage and total quota, which suggests the example above is incorrect, it is NOT returning users storage, it is only returning percentage of total quota used by the entire org. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Thomas,

The storage and quota values refer to the total storage available in the organization and used storage. This includes all storage, including file and feature storage. This value is specifically kept for public accounts, where users have a limit of 2GB of total storage per account. When looking at organization accounts, this value is less useful, as the quota and usage are for the entire organization. So you will get the same values when you query each user. The default storage is quota is 2 TB, and the storage usage is the total amount used by the entire organization.

Can you describe what you are looking to find out about storage in your organization? I'd like to see if there is another way to find the information that you are looking for.

Perhaps feature storage reports may be helpful as they indicate the name of the feature service, amount of storage and owner of the data. Check out this blog for more details:

Understanding Feature Storage Reports (December 2016) 

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

We actually have a case open related to this issue....looking to get storage by user.The feature storage report for us, apparently, isn't working right. So I'm trying to use python to see a per user value, but I can't break that down between feature storage, tile storage, and "file" storage, as there are different credit charges for each. And I've found the database storage report to be inaccurate. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

What is the case number?

-Kelly

0 Kudos