Web Map/Tile Layer is blurry when I upload it from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
01-05-2022 02:16 PM
hannahggarcia
New Contributor II

I uploaded a TIF file (a drone image) onto ArcGIS Pro that has a very good quality/resolution. Whenever I shared the file as a Web Map to upload it to ArcGIS Online, I found the resolution of the map to be much poorer than the original file when zoomed in. I am hoping to add this file to a Web App with the original quality.

Does anyone know a way to increase the resolution? Or is there another way to add a TIF file as a Web Map onto ArcGIS Online?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hannahggarcia
New Contributor II

Hello Kanin,

Thank you for the response. The links did help however I was missing a step. After I added the TIF file as a web tile layer, it would not appear in Map Viewer Classic. The link below helped with the missing step to build the tiles onto the map and set the visibility range

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Hanna,

I understand that your workflow consist of adding the TIF file to a map in Pro and publish it as a web map. Could you please try publishing the individual TIF file/layer as a web tile layer? (A web map is not created in the process). Recommended steps can be found here:

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

hannahggarcia
New Contributor II

Hello Kanin,

Thank you for the response. The links did help however I was missing a step. After I added the TIF file as a web tile layer, it would not appear in Map Viewer Classic. The link below helped with the missing step to build the tiles onto the map and set the visibility range

0 Kudos