Issue with Field Maps Inspection Workflow

09-24-2021 11:22 AM
jgoldman
New Contributor III

Hi there!

I am attempting to set up Field Maps so it can use a related table to create multiple inspections per a specific feature. I am using the Hydrant Inspection videos as a basis but am having some difficulty with the instructions.

I have been following the steps from this video. For some reason my related table is not...relating. Not sure what I am doing wrong since I am following the video to a T. When I open my map up in Field Maps it only shows "content options" for the original attributes for the parent FC and none of the attributes needed for the related inspection table.

The joined layer is also listed under layers within Field Maps, but is greyed out (and not present in example from the video). It also does not allow me to create a new record within the related table in Field Maps (mobile). It only says that the joined layer's records will appear when they are added (in the Field Maps app). 

Anyone think they might be able to help me figure this out? 

Thanks,

-Jenny

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jenny, I am seeing that your post is about 4 weeks old. I just went through a relational database build for use in field maps and would be glad to try to help. I had someone with whom I connected through a forum who helped me so I totally am about paying it forward! I can tell you how I created my relational DB that if you still need help. Kristal 

Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
0 Kudos
jgoldman
New Contributor III
Thank you for your reply!
I did end up figuring out my issue at the time (I needed to change the edit settings for each layer within AGOL), but knowing you are going through a similar process, I would love to stay in contact if any other issues arise.
My personal email is jgoldman@ricondo.com
Again, thank you for your response!

-Jenny

0 Kudos
KristalWalsh

Absolutely! I'm glad you were able to work it out. It's always a challenge, isn't it! And now there's a new map viewer. LOL! I'm not going there yet. I don't think it plays well with relates. As an FYI, my relational database was built in ArcPro, published to AGOL as a feature service. That feature service supports a web map which I've used to build a web editor using the Web App Builder. There's some configuring in a couple places but all the relates work pretty well in the map, the web editor and in Field Maps. I've got to add a couple more relational tables this week so will be taking the whole things offline, adding the new tables and then publishing it again. Fingers crossed I don't have too much reconfiguring to do! I just recently learned about the Field Maps Web and had not used that before. I had built everything in the web map. Good luck and I'm on here pretty often but posts also come to my email. Kristal

0 Kudos
jgoldman
New Contributor III

Hi Kristal,

Were you ever successful in related multiple shapefiles to a single related table to conduct inspections? I have moved on to another inspection which uses several shapefiles and am having a hard time getting things to work properly. I remember you mentioned being open to stay in touch if further problems came up and here it is!!! Haha. 

Happy New Year!

-Jenny

0 Kudos
KristalWalsh
Hi Jenny, well my relational database is structured with each area feature class related to one table and we are moving along pretty smoothly now using a relational database published from ArcPro in AGOL as a Feature Service. Each feature class represents a practice that had too many variables and in my lack of experience on relational databases, there may have been a way this could have been structured more simply, but it’s working pretty good right now. Are you building this in ArcPro? It was pretty straightforward for me? Is your relationship one to many? I’d be glad to try to help. It helps me to learn more also! I’ll be on the lookout. Kristal
0 Kudos