Select to view content in your preferred language

Visibility scales

Jump to solution
11-07-2018 06:25 AM
SimonCrutchley
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to have two sets of visibility scales for layers on a map in ArcGIS online, so that a feature appears at a given scale, then disappears, then reappears again as you zoom further in? I guess I'm asking a pretty unusual question and it wouldn't be a common requirement, but I thought I might as well ask.

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

Hi @KellyGerrow here is our use case... we have a set of stationing measurements, and we'd like those that span the channel centerline (blue underline) to be visible at small scales, but those that line the levees to only appear at a larger scale to help out our field crew when standing in those areas.

Unfortunately I see the only way to accomplish this is to copy the layer and set different scales. However, it appears copying cannot currently be done in the new Map Viewer ("Beta"). I can't currently switch back to Classic without wiping out my smart forms due to using Enterprise 10.8.1.

I'll look around for an Idea and if one does not exist, I think it's a good one to submit.

BrittanyBurson_0-1636495796277.png

0 Kudos