Select to view content in your preferred language

Update this morning

07-03-2013 04:44 AM
JerryGarcia1
Deactivated User
I noticed some major changes in the update that happened this morning. One change that raises some alarms is that now maps that I published as a web service from an mxd to our sandbox do not have the option to change symbology, rename, transparency, and all the other options that were present yesterday.  The only option with these maps are to turn off and on layers.

My question: Is AGOL still in the process of updating or is this the way AGOL now works. If so, please provide us with some documentation of all the changes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Rick,

Yes, I can see that problem. We'll address it today or by the end of the week.
In general, there seems to be issues with admin control over items and groups.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ShawnCarson
Regular Contributor
Mike,

Here is a url:

http://crhgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/TwoPane/main/index.html?appid=269423be8d184e5b8a2bba7c69446a0e

Let me install sp5 before you investigate. If you think sp5 won't fix it then please help me :-)....

(For the moment, I hid the legends in my other web map apps)

Thanks man...
0 Kudos
JerryGarcia1
Deactivated User
I was using firefox, I tried in chrome and it fixed the symbolgy issue but all the other problems are still there. Also now in firefox none of the maps open. I can log in but when opening any of my maps I get an error.
0 Kudos
TomScharmen
Occasional Contributor
Access to the Administrator Functions only seems to be a problem when using Chrome.  I can move files or change owners with no problems in Firefox.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Shawn,

The problem is with ArcGIS servers that can't generate legends for map services. This capability was introduced into ArcGIS Server at 10 SP1. So, ArcGIS Online has to do something special to generate the legend. This is what's not working. We're looking at the problem. I suspect it will get fixed by the end of the week.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ShawnCarson
Regular Contributor
Its not a show-stopper so I can wait for the fix. Your knowledge and quick responses always help me. Thanks so much.

Shawn
0 Kudos
PtomHarner
Deactivated User
We're publishing from 9.3 and seeing the same issue - hopefully the fix applies to 9.3 as well.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, any ArcGIS Server version 10 or earlier will have this legend problem. The fix will go out tonight.

@Jerry, can you share the web map you are having trouble changing symbols, renaming, transparency issues?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Frequent Contributor
The Update button is gone!  I've had to tear down and rebuild a CityEngine Web Scene 3 times this morning instead of clicking that wonderful, time-saving Update button.  Please get this back up ASAP.  I DO have a presentation for my boss this afternoon.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Jason,

Yes, the update button is missing! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos