6 Replies
_____
by

//

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @_____ ,

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to use a hosted feature layer view and defined which field can be edited.

0 Kudos
_____
by

//

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi,

Sorry for the first suggestion and that wasn't a good one. Since you mentioned Field Maps, I am sure you have come across the Field Maps web app where you can configure what you need and more. Just go to the Form tab and for each field you can define if this is editable by the field worker. You can also drag and drop the field to reorder them.

XanderBakker_0-1620150990851.png

0 Kudos
Carl_Flint
New Contributor III

Similar issue in this wheelhouse, the latest map viewer isn't respecting the field visibility or edit permissions (fields listed as editable or non-editable) from map viewer classic or views.  I just tested and performed an edit on an implementation of Citizen Reporter and was able to update an email status field from the new map viewer as an anonymous user.  The layer is a public view of one of the problem categories where we had disabled view and edit on that particular field (among others) in the classic map viewer and at the popup parameters in the view.  

Notice in the map viewer classic on the right that the fields showing in the attribute table are limited and show as locked (in the column header).  This isn't the case on the new map viewer, and you can see from the opened domain field for the problem status (shouldn't be editable from the public) I can access the attributes and could edit it (reference in the second image where I set the "Completed" problem as "In Progress".

Carl_Flint_0-1620237788031.png

Carl_Flint_1-1620237816971.png

Carl Flint, GISP
0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi @Carl_Flint ,

That definitely sounds like something that shouldn't occur. Since the map Viewer is out of beta, you can contact support with this issue. 

Last month a blog post was released to explain the coexistence of the two map viewers and shows what functionality is exclusive for each map viewer: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/tale-of-two-arcgis-online-map-viewer... 

As a side note, the Map Viewer also has a link to the roadmap (left panel, the information button) which should link to https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-documents/map-viewer-roadmap/ta-p/920839 

XanderBakker_0-1620249608178.png

0 Kudos