Unable to share with "everyone"

Jump to solution
11-04-2021 02:04 PM
KWarnell
New Contributor

I'm unable to change sharing for ArcGIS Online content (hosted layers and tables, web maps, dashboards) to "everyone." I have the "everyone" option in the sharing pop-up menu, and when I try to change it I get a message that sharing settings were updated, but the actual sharing setting does not change.

Interestingly, I can successfully change items to "organization" sharing, but when I then try to switch to "everyone," it reverts to "owner." My account does have permission to share items publicly.

I've tried this with the same results in Chrome and Firefox. Any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KWarnell
New Contributor

Turns out it was related to some updated security settings that ESRI suggested to my organization's administrator - she had to walk them back to restore public sharing abilities.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you get another user with the appropriate privileges to try and update the sharing for you? It would be good to confirm if it's specific to your user.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KWarnell
New Contributor

Turns out it was related to some updated security settings that ESRI suggested to my organization's administrator - she had to walk them back to restore public sharing abilities.

0 Kudos