Unable to customize webmap popups

07-30-2019 08:27 AM
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Hi all!

This morning I noticed that I'm unable to customize any popup for any of our webmaps.

When I click on Configure Popup, nothing happens. This is the case for all of our maps. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (which is useless to the begin with..)

I know it worked a few days ago.

Is anybody experiencing the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Marc

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Seeing your post, I just gave one a try: seems to work just fine for me.  I'm using Chrome.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Occasionally it works on one layer, but when I hit cancel and try it again, it goes back to not doing anything.

I even tried re-publishing the service, but that didn't do the trick either.

For now, I guess I just wait and see if it somehow gets resolved.

Maybe I should try it on a different machine.. nope, still nothing..

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That seems really weird;  I wish I could provide an answer...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Marc,

I see that you had tried different browsers but have you tried clearing the cache on your original browser? 

Is anyone else within your organization able to go into the web maps and configure pop-ups? 

Are you able to perform all other functionality on the web maps? (Analysis, change symbology, etc.)

If you create a new web map with sample data, do you still experience this issue?

Best,

Jared

South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Jared, thanks for your reply.

• I did empty the cache on both browsers (Chrome and Firefox) - same result, unable to configure popups
  • I had my colleague try to configure popups, but he's experiencing the same issue
  • I am able to change the symbology and run analyses
  • Configuring the popups seems to be working fine when I added data from living atlas

One other thing that I noticed: non-secured layers let me configure the popup. But: as soon as I add a secured layer to the map and try configure its popup, the non-secured layer stops letting me configure the popup. Very strange..

Any thoughts?

Marc

0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Marc, 

This is certainly interesting... I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. Have you checked the web traffic when attempting to click the Configure pop-up option? This can be done by clicking F12 on your keyboard. If you receive any errors or responses, let me know. 

Also, what kind of layer is this that you are attempting to configure pop-ups on? Is this a hosted feature layer being stored in your AGOL organization, an ArcGIS Server service being brought in, or something else?

Who owns the layers that you are attempting to configure pop-ups on? If the layer is stored in AGOL, is the layer at least shared with the organization?

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Jared,

I used the Inspect function in Chrome when I first encountered the issue this morning, but it didn't give an error message or anything that would indicate what the problem could be.

All layers are published to our ArcGIS Server, none of them are hosted layers in our AGOL organization.

Thanks for looking into this.

Marc

0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Marc,

Since you mentioned that this worked a few days ago, would you be able to try restarting the service from ArcGIS Server you are attempting to configure pop-ups on and try again? 

Are there any errors showing in the Server logs?

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Jared,

I already tried that. Even tried to re-publish the service. The problem is that this issue occurs on all of our secured layers.

0 Kudos