Feature Layer (hosted) to Feature Layer (hosted, view)

Jump to solution
07-30-2019 05:42 PM
JillPlescher
New Contributor III

Do I have this correct in ArcGIS Online, I have a feature layer (hosted) then create (from this layer) a feature layer (hosted, view).   The description, disclaimer and credits do not copy to the newly created view? Is this suppose to happen?  I would like the new view to have all this information automatically.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylerBurns
New Contributor III

Hi Jill,

Unfortunately this is expected behavior. Any new content created in AGOL will have blank "Description", "Terms of Use", and "Credits (Attribution)" fields that must be filled in manually when the item is created. This includes using an existing hosted feature service item to generate a new View layer item. 

At this time, it will be necessary to copy+paste your existing information for these item details fields into the new view's item details when it is created.

If you are interested in seeing a feature added that allows users to populate these item details automatically on new views, it will be worthwhile to visit the GeoNet Ideas page to submit this as a possible enhancement idea!

ArcGIS Ideas:

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas

-TB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TylerBurns
New Contributor III

Hi Jill,

Unfortunately this is expected behavior. Any new content created in AGOL will have blank "Description", "Terms of Use", and "Credits (Attribution)" fields that must be filled in manually when the item is created. This includes using an existing hosted feature service item to generate a new View layer item. 

At this time, it will be necessary to copy+paste your existing information for these item details fields into the new view's item details when it is created.

If you are interested in seeing a feature added that allows users to populate these item details automatically on new views, it will be worthwhile to visit the GeoNet Ideas page to submit this as a possible enhancement idea!

ArcGIS Ideas:

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas

-TB

0 Kudos
JillPlescher
New Contributor III

Thanks for the answer and I will enter into the enhancement ideas

0 Kudos