Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to customize webmap popups

07-30-2019 08:27 AM
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Hi all!

This morning I noticed that I'm unable to customize any popup for any of our webmaps.

When I click on Configure Popup, nothing happens. This is the case for all of our maps. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (which is useless to the begin with..)

I know it worked a few days ago.

Is anybody experiencing the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Marc

0 Kudos
15 Replies
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Quick update: configuring popups is still not working. Whereas I though it only affects secured layers from our server, the problem still occurs after I made a previously secured layer public (no restrictions).

Here's what I tried so far:

• reset field order in the mxd and republished
  • moved the shape field to the bottom (read that somewhere else that dealt with a similar problem) and republished
  • restarted service
  • restarted the ArcGIS service on our server
  • removed security on layer
  • created a new mxd, published service

None of the steps fixed the problem. I'm unable to configure the popup for most of our layers.

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Ok, so I think I figured out the problem.

I have a test mxd/service with 3 layers:

Culinary Water lines

Hydrant grid

Pressure Zone grid

1. published the mxd with all fields enabled
    1. all 3 layers added to webmap --> unable to configure popups
    2. remove pressure zone grid layer --> able to configure popups
    3. added Pressure Zones layer --> unable to configure popups
  2. published mxd with GlobalID field unchecked for pressure zones --> able to configure popups
    all other layers have their GlobalID field enabled..
  3. double checked and re-enabled GlobalID field for pressure zones, republished service --> unable to configure popup
  4. unchecked GlobalID for pressure zones --> able to configure popups

So it appears that there is some issue with the GlobalID field for the Pressure Zones layer. Why or what? no idea. If one GlobalID field is causing issues, it denies me to configure popups for any of the layers in the service.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the actual issue, but disabling the GlobalID field for that layer fixed the problem.

Any thoughts on that?

Marc

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

One question on global ids: how are you using them?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Joe,

we used them for database replication purposes in the past as well as attaching images to some of our feature classes using collector and the old arcgis app for iOS. We were also evaluating if we should use the GlobalID field as a unique identifier in combination with our new asset management system, but eventually decided against it (except of one feature class).

Marc

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I was hoping you'd say replication! There are plenty of others out there that (mis) use them for other purposes and then come to the conclusion that global ids are really good for one thing....  Replication....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

hmm.. so this was a test!

I'm going to have to tell Matt what you did.... 😉

0 Kudos