Truncate AGOL table from Pro

11-28-2019 09:04 AM
RoryBennison
New Contributor III

Hi Guys, 

Hopefully this hasnt been asked before, I am trying to use the truncate table tool from within arcgis pro for a feature layer in arcgis pro, the plan being to later append the data.

When i try to run it, very quickly a failed error appears as below.  Is there something that needs to be updated in the arcgis online feature service to allow this to work.  The delete rows tool works without a problem and so does append.

Appreciate your assistance on this one

Cheers

Rory

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rory Bennison‌,

The documentation doesn't indicate that Hosted Feature Layers are unsupported, and I was able to reproduce this on my end. I agree that since Delete Rows is in the same toolset, we would expect both to work with Hosted Feature Layer input.

I logged BUG-000128389 for this behavior. If you would like, you can create a case with Eagle Technology Support and attach your customer number to this issue. As you found, the current workaround is to use Delete Rows. 

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions. 

-Peter 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To provide an update on this, BUG-000128389 was closed by Development as a known limitation with the explanation, "The Truncate Table is not supported on hosted feature layers, as described in the error message returned."

The workaround remains what Peter suggested above, Use the Delete Rows tool instead of the Truncate Table tool or use the Delete Features operation through the ArcGIS REST API.

Thank you,

Gillian

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

I know this is an old post, but thought it worthwhile to post anyway. 

I've just discovered that the Truncate Table works with feature services (for administrators only) from ArcGIS Pro 3.0. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1658385446966.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Small clause to add - it only works as long as the feature service doesn't have Sync enabled. More reading here: ArcGIS Pro Truncate Table GP Tool Could Work on Po... - Page 2 - Esri Community

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos