tiff layers not showing up online

03-31-2022 08:58 AM
petermarkey
New Contributor

Can someone look and suggest why my Geotiffs are not showing up online?

In ArcGIS Pro everything looks fine.

There are about 300 that should show over the lake in this map.

Low Lake Nav (arcgis.com)

They even show up in the thumbnail for the map.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
petermarkey
New Contributor

it was about 7GB of Tiff files, and they uploaded because it took about 7 hours to upload the map from ArcGIS pro.  but anywhere I look I just see the layer groups of Tiffs and not the actual files.

0 Kudos
petermarkey
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you confirmed through the item details page that all the tiles have been built successfully?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
petermarkey
New Contributor

I have not, I would not know how.  Very new here.  I found an item details link that took my to the "summary page for the map.  Each layer of GeoTiffs should contain several tiff files, but non show up?  but they upload took so long they have to be there...????item details.JPG

0 Kudos
petermarkey
New Contributor

The size of the map on the summary only shows 2KB but as mentioned it is 7 GB of Tiffs in the map, and it took that long to upload.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmmm, well maybe my process is a little different than yours. I publish tile layers by themselves, so there's an Item Details page for the tile layer.

Katherine_Clark_0-1648746176556.png

If you click on the "Settings" tab, you can see the number of tiles that are built for each level.

Katherine_Clark_1-1648746232956.png

When I add these layers to a web map, they show up as "Tile Layer", not "Group Layer" like you have in your screenshot, which is why I mentioned that our workflows seem to be different.

Katherine_Clark_2-1648746307401.png

Are you not able to see the group layers as distinct items in your content in AGOL?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
petermarkey
New Contributor
I see the group layers, but none of the items they contain (the GeoTiffs)
0 Kudos
petermarkey
New Contributor

hmm... I reduced the number geotiff files down to about 6 and published the map from ArcGIS Pro and it worked as it should have.... on the details page i see my group layer and then under that a tile layer... 

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Weird! Well....glad that much is working at least...

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos