Select to view content in your preferred language

StreetMap is awesome! Your help is appreciated.

01-19-2011 08:46 AM
MattLake
New Contributor
ESRI StreetMap has great geocoding possibilities, but also has graphically robust layers for use in base maps.  We eagerly anticipate putting the extension to use.

Any assistance is appreciated in identifying why the streetscarto.sdc feature dataset contains no streeetscarto feature class. I've reinstalled the data a few times.

Thanks so much for such a great product.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Matt,

What StreetMap data is used? Esri works with two data vendors, Navteq  and Tele Atlas. Have you registered the data license (.sdlic)? Does the  .sdlic file correspond to title of StreetMap data (DVD)? Sample .sdlic  file: tana_2009.2_us_all_10_31_10.sdlic is Tele Atlas North America 2009  Release 2, US All (geocoding, mapping, routing functionalities)  licensed until 10-31-2010. The title of the StreetMap DVD needs to match  the .sdlic file provided, if not please contact Customer Service at  1-888-377-4575  to obtain correct .sdlic file. If .sdlic file lists  'geo' instead of 'all' or 'map' then you have a 'geocoding' license only  and will not see actual street data as one would with .sdlic file which  lists 'map' or 'rou' capabilities. Yet you will have full geocoding  functionality with the data.

If you should need further assistance, please log Support incident via Phone, Webform, Email, or Chat [http://support.esri.com/] so we can help to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
Denise
0 Kudos
JamesJohn
New Contributor
My StreetMap extension box is greyed out. When I try to activate it, I get a message that says, "The extension cannot be activated or deactivated manually. This type of extension is activated automatically when you work with data requireing the extension, and deactivated automatically when it is no longer needed."
0 Kudos
ConstanceErvine
New Contributor
the same to you.

0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
To begin using StreetMap, you  will need to add a StreetMap data layer (.navmap) to your map. A StreetMap layer is  read-only and contains information about all feature classes within that layer.  Sample data is installed with ArcPad application and includes Rhode Island folder containing sample ArcPad StreetMap data. The StreetMap Toolbar is automatically activated when you add StreetMap file (.navmap) to ArcPad. Please review the ArcPad StreetMap Help topics for detailed information and steps to add StreetMap layer to ArcPad, http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcpad/10.0/help/index.html#/Steps_to_add_a_Street_Map_Layer/00s10000010w0.... In addition, you can use instructions in this KB article to extract a specific area of interest from ArcMap StreetMap dataset using ArcPad StreetMap Desktop Data Extractor, http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/36602.

Cheers,
Denise
0 Kudos
RuthFisher
New Contributor
i just started using StreetMap too, i love it!!
Having a hard time figuring out how everything works though
so i may really use the advice i read here, thank you for this thread, guys!
0 Kudos