Select to view content in your preferred language

Slide bar and slice map

Jump to solution
01-04-2024 06:29 AM
JohnMuir
New Contributor

Hi everyone, 

First time posting here, so please let me know if I am missing anything! My question is more a general technical question on the best way to  create a slide bar for a single variable on my map in experience. I am not hard stuck to experience but had already started some work on there. However, my example image comes from Arcgis Dashboards.

For example, I want to select a region on my map. ( reduced the map to that region) Then a slide  bar ( Similar to the one  shown in the image) that helps pick how much of the variable I can see. 

JohnMuir_0-1704378170985.png

Similar to this image but instead of county it would be CMA ( Major Cities)  and instead of age it would be a variable like temperatures. 

Looking forward to the response! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

The widgets in your screenshots from Dashboards are Category Selector (for County) and Number Selector (Age). The capabilities of each are described here.

In Experience Builder, you can configure a similar dropdown using the Filter Widget. You can see an example of this widget in this app (among other apps featured in the Experience Builder Gallery).

As far as I know, that slider user experience is unique to Dashboards. In Experience Builder, the equivalent functionality would be achieved by configuring the Filter Widget to operate on a numeric field, however the end result will look a bit different.

-Rylee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

The widgets in your screenshots from Dashboards are Category Selector (for County) and Number Selector (Age). The capabilities of each are described here.

In Experience Builder, you can configure a similar dropdown using the Filter Widget. You can see an example of this widget in this app (among other apps featured in the Experience Builder Gallery).

As far as I know, that slider user experience is unique to Dashboards. In Experience Builder, the equivalent functionality would be achieved by configuring the Filter Widget to operate on a numeric field, however the end result will look a bit different.

-Rylee