Sharing private groups between organizational accounts?

Jump to solution
11-12-2013 03:14 PM
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III
Have a question about sharing groups I would just like to verify...

This is how the documentation puts it:

"If you have an organizational account, you cannot invite public accounts to join your group. If you have a public account, you cannot invite organizational accounts to join your group."

So public and private accounts don't mix when in comes to groups. But what if you have an organizational account, can you invite members from other organizational accounts to join your group, even if that group's status is private?

Thanks

Paul
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JorisBak
Esri Contributor
Yes you can invite named users from other organizations in to your private group.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JorisBak
Esri Contributor
Yes you can invite named users from other organizations in to your private group.
0 Kudos
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for confirming Joris!

Paul
0 Kudos
GavRossetti
New Contributor

I have a person outside our organisation (and NOT part of another organisation) that i need to share a story map (and a few webmaps) with. All of which is with one group in AGOL. I could just create them an organisational account and add them to the group however that would give them access to all our other data that is shared with the organisation. So thats out. 

I also dont want to make the just that data and maps etc public as that causes a range of other issues...

the only other option i can think of is to get them to set up a personal use account, then add them to the group.  This would give them access to ONLY what is in that group.

Is that correct? or is there a better way of doing this?
0 Kudos