Select to view content in your preferred language

Selection not showing on map image layer?

Jump to solution
08-01-2023 11:35 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have published a registered map image layer and a registered feature layer. 

When I click features in the map image layer in map viewer classic, the correct pop-up appears for the feature I selected, but the usual vibrant blue selection colour does not appear? E.g. screenshot below, the popup for the clicked feature shows but not the selection.

It does appear on the feature layer, but not the map image. I have compared the settings in server manager on the map image layer with other map image layers which do have the selection highlighted, but all the settings are the same.

Is there something which needs to be enabled when publishing? A particular setting? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as I've never come across this before!

Hayley_0-1690958102560.png

HL
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayley
by
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthewTsui5
New Contributor II

Hi Hayley,

I encountered a similar issue in ArcGIS Dashboards in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

I published a Map Image Layer to Portal for ArcGIS. I added the layer in Map Viewer Classic using the following url:

1. Open Map Viewer Classic
  2. Add> Add Viewer from Web
  3.  https://<fullyqualifieddomainname>/server/rest/services/Testing/General_Tool_Territory_Test2/MapServ...
  4. Add layer

You will need to go to ArcGIS Server Map Manager to confirm what number you have after MapServer/0.

In addition, I would recommend trying different combinations: Map Image Layer, Feature Layer, Map Image Layer Classic, Map Image Layer in Map Viewer. 

Hayley
by
0 Kudos
MatthewTsui5
New Contributor II

Hi @Hayley 

I tried workflow in the provided article, but it did not solve my issue. Did the workflow work for you? If so, what platform do you use (ArcGIS Pro version, Portal for ArcGIS version vs. ArcGIS Online).

My team uses ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5 and Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1. 

Since the article was written for ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and 3.1, I am thinking it may be a bug in previous versions.

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

Hi @MatthewTsui5, I had to alter the workflow slightly. Rather than connect to the layer via Portal, I just overwrite the service with the Shape field enabled and it worked. We are also on Portal 10.9.1 and Pro  3.1.1.

HL
0 Kudos
JCGuarneri

That doesn't work for me, either, on Enterprise 11. I was hopeful when I saw the workflow, but it turns out I already have the Shape field enabled and I still don't see feature highlighting. It all works on my Dev environment at 11.1, so I'm cautiously optimistic that our next upgrade will resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

On Enterprise 10.9.1 and am seeing something similar

It appears if you add an individual Rest endpoint, the selection is highlighted in the new Map Viewer and instant apps in portal.

However, it appears if you add the entire Map service, the selection is not highlighted in the new Map Viewer and instant apps in portal.