Select to view content in your preferred language

"No Data Found" in ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer after overwrite web layer from ArcGIS Pro 3.1

Jump to solution
04-17-2023 08:17 AM
ColForbin
Frequent Contributor

I have a hosted feature layer in AGO with 53 sub-layers that was published from ArcGIS Pro 3.1.  After publishing, I changed some of the field aliases in Pro, then overwrote the hosted feature layer from the same Map and aprx project.  Now all of the sublayers show "No Data Found" when I try to view the data in AGO of any of the sub-layers.

If I publish the layer as a new item in AGO, all is normal for all of the sublayers with data showing properly.  This seems to be an issue with overwriting an existing hosted feature layer.

Has anyone experienced this when overwriting a hosted feature layer ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColForbin
Frequent Contributor

I resolved this by deleting the feature layer from AGO, and re-publishing from Pro.  Now when I subsequently overwrite the feature layer, all of the data in the sublayers appears to remain intact.  I'm guessing there was something corrupted with the original item in AGO.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you remember to enable the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing we layers" first?

RhettZufelt_0-1681753894908.png

If not, and anything changed, the layers could all have new id's, and existing maps will try to load this by the id.  If not the same, can get the No Data Found errors.

R_

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion.  Yes, the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs" option was checked, and all the layer IDs remained the same.

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Frequent Contributor

I resolved this by deleting the feature layer from AGO, and re-publishing from Pro.  Now when I subsequently overwrite the feature layer, all of the data in the sublayers appears to remain intact.  I'm guessing there was something corrupted with the original item in AGO.

0 Kudos
MelanieRoss
New Contributor

This happens eventually to all of the hosted feature layers I publish that have relationship classes. It's very frustrating. And unfortunately I do not want to delete the item and then republish because I don't want to alter the item ID in AGOL. Many maps and apps reference this item. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
MelanieRoss
New Contributor

I resolved this without having to publish an entirely new item by doing the following steps:

1. Go to the service in AGOL
  2. Export Data > To File Geodatabase
  3. Download the file geodatabase
  4. Extract the downloaded zip file
  5. Open a new ArcGIS Pro map
  6. Add the service to the map
  7. Change the map settings to allow assignment of unique IDs
  8. Ungroup the service
  9. Remove the basemaps so there are no layers other than what is in the service
  10. Rename the map to match the service name 
  11. Open the properties of every layer and re-point the source to the corresponding layer in the extracted downloaded fgdb. At the same time, change the layer ID to match what is currently in the service. Then close the properties.
  12. Run “Delete Rows” on all layers to remove all features from the downloaded tables
    1. Verify the data was deleted by opening the table and reviewing the data
  13. Run the “Append” tool to bring in the data from the corresponding tables prepared previously
    1. Verify that the append ran successfully by opening the table and comparing data
  14. Share > Overwrite Web Layer > Select the layer (you must be the owner)
  15. Analyze and publish
  16. Go to the layer in AGOL and verify everything published appropriately and successfully
0 Kudos