Select to view content in your preferred language

Potential bug, when adding a field to a hosted feature layer, the display name does not appear in Web App Builders chart configuration.

08-22-2024 07:35 AM
ScottHansen__MDP_
Frequent Contributor

I added a field to a hosted feature layer and populated both the Field Name and Display Name, but the Field Name, not the Display Name, appear when configuring a bar chart in Web App Builder. The chart is now labeled using the Field Name, which does not seem correct since the Display Name should act like a field alias. Has anyone noticed this behavior? Your help is appreciated.

ScottHansen__MDP__2-1724336642733.png

ScottHansen__MDP__1-1724336581446.png

ScottHansen__MDP__3-1724337095654.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @ScottHansen__MDP_ 

I have tried to replicate this and I am unable to I see the display name where you have highlighted in the third screenshot. 

When you added the new field was the web app builder already created? If so can you make a new web app builder to see if the issue is persistent? I would remove and readd the web map if the issue is not happening in a new project.

What about Experience Builder does the same happen here?

0 Kudos
ScottHansen__MDP_
Frequent Contributor

If you look at the third screen capture, what I circled in red is the field name, not the display name.  The display name should appear if it worked as intended. I have not tried to replicate in Experience Builder, as Experience Builder does not have full functionality that I need. ESRI was able to duplicate the issue, so I believe this is an issue with AGOL and not with WAB or ExB.

0 Kudos