Popup line height in the new mapviewer

09-16-2021 07:51 AM
MichelleHawks1
New Contributor II

Hello.   I am trying to format a popup in the new mapviewer and can't find a way to control the spacing between the lines.  I am using arcade expressions in my popup.  When I write all of the lines into one expression, the spacing is perfect, but when I use multiple lines, it is too spread out.  I want to use multiple lines because I need some color formatting based on conditional outputs.  I've included a screenshot that shows both situations, and one with the popup text box.  The {expression0} at the bottom is the composite list of all lines at the bottom of the popup pic.  If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful. 

8 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello Michelle,

Have you considered using the Custom Attribute Display option when creating your popup?

When you are configuring your pop up, from the display drop down, select 'a custom attribute display', then Configure.

This will present you with a dialog that allows you to have finer control over how your popup is formatted.

You can even choose the HTML option if you want even finer control.

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
MichelleHawks1
New Contributor II

Hello.  Thank you for responding.  That is the method I used in Map Viewer Classic, but in the new Map Viewer I can't figure out how to do that same thing.

0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to change the line spacing too. For some reason when adding a text element to the pop up the default leaves large gaps between each line as Michelle has demonstrated. Is there anyway to change this? 

I assume it could be avoided by generating the whole pop up using arcade but this seems a bit impractical if all you want is a few lines of text. Thanks

0 Kudos
AntoinevanEsch
Esri Contributor

Hi,

There is an easy way to remove the spacing. Go to the HTML section in the text pop up. Remove for example the highlighted area as you can see below and add <br> between the parts. Now the spacing is removed.

Hope this will help 🙂

AntoinevanEsch_0-1679942841938.png

AllisonWebb
New Contributor II

How do you save the HTML section once you add the <br>.  The OK is greyed out.

0 Kudos
AllisonWebb
New Contributor II

I just had to close it...  🙂

LauraGonzalezMantecon
New Contributor

0 Kudos
AprilPearce1
New Contributor

you don't click 'ok' you click on the 'source' button you used to get to the html - it took me a minute

0 Kudos