Story Maps and Distributed Collaborations

12-13-2023 08:57 AM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

My mission today is to put our Distributed Collaboration to the test to see what works and what doesn't. For background, I have a two-way distributed collaboration set up between ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 and ArcGIS Online.

Here is my current testing scenario:

1. A user creates two web layers, two web maps, and a Story Map that references them in Portal
  2. The user shares all items to ArcGIS Online via the Collaboration
  3. After the Story Map transfers, the user decides to remove one of the maps. They remove it in Portal, then saves and republishes the Story Map. Does the Story Map update?
    1. Based on my testing, the Story Map does not update. The metadata on the item page does, but the map that was removed in Portal is still in AGOL.
  4.  Seeing that the map was not removed in ArcGIS Online even though the metadata did, the user removes the Story Map from the Collaboration.
  5. The user checks ArcGIS Online and discovers that the Story Map is still there and still has the icon that indicates that it was received via a distributed collaboration.

In my mind, there are two issues here:

1. When the user removed the web map from the Story Map, the collaboration should have recognized that and made a new copy of the app in ArcGIS Online.
  2. When the user removed the Story Map from the collaboration, it should have been deleted from ArcGIS Online.

I'd appreciate feedback on these two assumed issues!

0 Kudos
0 Replies