Polygon hosted feature layer unable to add to AGOL map/field map

06-18-2021 10:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created an new feature class for polygon data in arcPro. I then shared it as a web feature layer in and enabled editing. I did this for point and line features and was able to add into the FieldMap I'm creating. When I try to add the polygon layer I get this error: 

Unable to add layer WYNDD_SpringSurvey21_Polygon
Unable to establish a secure HTTPS connection to the layer. The layer, WYNDD_SpringSurvey21_Polygon, cannot be added to the map

Any ideas for a solution or workaround? 

Thank you
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does the hosted feature layer look fine on its Item Details page (Data and Visualization tabs)?

JayantaPoddar_0-1624040694791.png

Have you tried working on a different browser?

What is the coordinate system of the polygon layer? Is it same as the Point and Polyline layers?

Did you receive any warning while publishing the layer?

Delete the hosted feature layer, and publish the polygon layer once again, if the issue persists.

Think Location
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I actually don't see the data and visualization tabs on in the polygon feature layer like I do with the points and lines. Attached is a screenshot. 

Annotation 2021-06-18 130200.png

I tried in chrome and edge, but the same problem happened. I didn't see any warning when publishing and have deleted and republished multiple times. 

I will check the coordinate system though. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That's a bit strange. As the owner of the item, you should be able to see those tabs. Also the number of "action item" buttons are less. Something didn't go through right.

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

What is the data source (shapefile, File GDB Feature Class, Enterprise GDB Feature Class)?

Is there any definition query or other filters added to the layer before publishing?

Would it be possible to share the polygon feature class with me to check (zipped/ LPKX)?

Meanwhile, if you haven't rebooted your machine, give it a try. Then open a new ArcGIS Pro Project > Add the Polygon layer > Publish again. Then go to My Content (in ArcGIS Online) > View Item Description.

Think Location
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using ArcPro 2.7.3. 

All hosted feature layers are using WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere. 

The data sources is a File GDB Feature Class. The feature class is empty, since it is meant to be used in field maps and users will input polygon data. I configured the feature class to enable editing and enable sync. I don't believe I added any filters or anything. 

I'm attaching the polygon feature class here. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, could you make "ObjectID", the display field?

Layer Properties > Display.

JayantaPoddar_2-1624071502125.png

Publish again. 

I can then add the layer to my Map Viewer.

JayantaPoddar_1-1624071383329.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I just tried that and republished. I am still getting an error (see screenshot). It does not give any information about the error though. I was wondering if I should contact an administrator about this problem. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes. You could connect with the ArcGIS Online administrator to check if others in the organisation can publish the same data, or if all your credits are consumed (if credit budgeting is enabled).

You might need to contact Esri Technical Support if you can't resolve it or understand its root cause.

Think Location
0 Kudos