(noob alert) How to use the following file

Jump to solution
01-08-2022 10:06 AM
MicheldeBruijn
New Contributor

Hi there, 

I'm trying to upload the following file (under 'downloads') and it ought to work according to the website. 

Wijk- en buurtkaart 2017 (cbs.nl)

Yet when i try to upload the zipfile I get an error. I must be overlooking something trivial (to you guys) and help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Michel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

I assume you're trying to upload the file to ArcGIS Online. Be aware the file contains pdf files as well as shapefiles, I'm not sure how well ArcGIS Online handles that as it recognizes the shapefile and classifies it as shapefile. Anyway, just uploading seems to work for me:

- Download the file locally

- Click new item in the content page

- Select "Your device" in the upper panel

- Navigate to the local file 

- Select "Upload zip only" (this is where you might get there error if you're trying to publish a feature layer from the selected file)

You're good to go

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

I assume you're trying to upload the file to ArcGIS Online. Be aware the file contains pdf files as well as shapefiles, I'm not sure how well ArcGIS Online handles that as it recognizes the shapefile and classifies it as shapefile. Anyway, just uploading seems to work for me:

- Download the file locally

- Click new item in the content page

- Select "Your device" in the upper panel

- Navigate to the local file 

- Select "Upload zip only" (this is where you might get there error if you're trying to publish a feature layer from the selected file)

You're good to go