Select to view content in your preferred language

New Map Viewer Save error

03-25-2022 12:57 PM
gisetc
by
New Contributor II

I have a map I created in Map Viewer (not Classic) and I recreated a layer. I added to Map Viewer, restyled, edited some field headers, and tried to save the map. I received an error message that states: 

Failed to save map
Invalid value for property 'excludedLabelsVisible' which should always be 'true'

I'm dead in the water and on a deadline. I looked up that error message online and tried some different solutions that didn't bear fruit. I don't even know where to go from here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Anita

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanielleKulas
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chris, 

Yep, I definitely had the filter panel open yesterday when I was saving!

Danielle

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Great, thanks for confirming @DanielleKulas ! 

0 Kudos
leightmaes
New Contributor III

Hi Chris, weighing in here as well as I'm having the same issue but it is reproduced in a different way than described. I receive the "Failed to save map" error, "Close the Filter pane before saving". However, I do not have the filter pane open, but I did have the issue where it is a duplicate layer that should have had a filter copied when it was duplicated, but the filter did not come across in the duplicate and I added a new one. Once I added the new filter, and tried to save my map, it throws this error. Now even if I remove the same filters, it still does not permit me to save my map. 

Any updates on the patch or the workaround would be greatly appreciated - let me know if you need further info.

Cheers,

Leigh

0 Kudos
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Hi there @leightmaes. If possible, can you please provide the data you are working with and some steps to reproduce this? I tried to add a layer with an effect and filter applied, then duplicate the layer and save. I don't see an error here

0 Kudos