Anybody having lots of difficulty completing calculations done with analysis functions?
Very often the last few months it seems like when I kick off a calculation, drive time, aggregation, etc. it will start off fine, but never complete. The little "working" revolver just keeps on going forever.
Often the layer will appear in the content, and looks ok, but later checks show that the calculation is wrong. E.g. I know there's 50 dots in the area, but the incomplete layer shows only 35. Clearly they are not completing.
I can log in and out, do lots of stuff, but it doesn't seem to help except randomly. And it is the same from work vs at home--home is on a Mac with Firefox. Work is Chrome latest 64-bit version.
What is going on? Today I blew about 50 credits on junk answers. How do we fix this?
If I were to let it run for an hour or so, sometimes it will complete...but that is ridiculous. These calculations should take maybe 30 or 45 seconds.
I have not run into similar problems myself in recent analyses. Can you give more details on a specific example? Even share extracts of input data? Maybe I can try to run the same analysis to replicate the issue.
Yeah. I let a "summarize within" run overnite, and it still didn't complete. All it had to do was find the points of around 10k points that were in a 20-mile radius circle.
But it has also happened on mundane analysis functions like creating a drive-time.
I couldn't get "summarize" to run, but I could get "aggregate" to work. I got my numerical answer, but never got my point set to go along with it.
I've seen several other analysis questions posted the last few days...something must be going on.
Hi @JayLarsen - an issue with Summarize Within was addressed on Friday night (7/2). Are you able to get Summarize Within to run as expected at this time?
For the more general errors/slowness, our teams can look into them but we would need the jobIDs for the failed or stalled analysis jobs. If you open up the browser's developer tools to the network tab you can see this ID, and supply it to your analyst through a Support case. The slowness is not expected and having the specific jobIDs will help figure out the problem.
Wow! Thanks! I will test when I get back on site and back to that work. So, an actual bug or hive processing error? I never thought of that...
I will answer when I get a chance.
I have not experienced another error in the last 2 weeks on drivetimes or other stuff...but the syndrome is always the same: a valid and needed analysis is set up, even an easy one, and it never completes. Sometimes logging in and out helps. Sometimes not. When it happens, it is a real bummer...we simply can't do our work, which is often on short deadlines.
Thank You, I'll answer back when I get a chance.
Today, right now, is another instance of analysis not working. I can't do a simple 10-min drive time on a handful of points. I get a progress indicator, and then it ends with dialog box stating "Error" only. I am on deadline, and 5 minutes of work is impossible. I've logged in and out, tried different machines, etc. Same.
Hi Jay, sorry you ran into this again today. I noticed you opened a support case and that this specific instance of the problem was caused by a data issue. I think it would be good to provide some better error messaging about the problem with the data or to have the tool fail more quickly (right away, if there is a problem with the input). This will be good feedback to pass on to the team working on the analysis experience in the new Map Viewer. It would be great if we can reproduce what happened with your feature layer and get a bug logged as well.
I cannot share the data, I am sorry for that, but they are confidential. But I can describe what is in there.
The data is a .csv and for geolocation I either use the address or the postal code.
About my workflow: I basically only go to Add -> Add from file -> choose file
Afterwards I load a layer from "search for layer" and then load the layer LAN 2022, which is a map of the state borders in Germany.
Then I go to Analysis -> Summarise Data -> Aggregate Points.
I fill in the blanks and I basically want to summarise my location points inside of the state borders and visualise the result. But the analysis never finishes and next to the Loading Layer the little circle never finishes. It does create a layer though which I can find in my account but does not have any information whatsoever.
It is my first project using ArcGIS online and I have only done a few projects before with ArcsGIS pro.