Multiple Pop-up Configuration For Single Layer

Jump to solution
01-28-2021 11:41 AM
RomanFox
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I am just diving into configuring pop-ups.  Is it possible to have multiple pop-up configurations associated to a single layer?

Scenario: I have a layer that is used by field staff as an inventory of assets.  This layer is generated by field staff regularly.  I also, use this layer in a public facing dashboard.  As I configure the pop-up to focus the public facing dashboard, the field staff cannot input all attributes from the field.  Is there a way to have one configuration for the map used by field staff, and a second configuration for the map used in the public facing dashboard? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RomanFox, popups only allow one configuration per layer.  If you want to have the scenario above, the best way would be to create views of the main layer, and control which attributes are shown based on who needs to see it (employees vs. public).  Views read the updates from that main layer, so there is no additional editing that needs to happen.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RomanFox, popups only allow one configuration per layer.  If you want to have the scenario above, the best way would be to create views of the main layer, and control which attributes are shown based on who needs to see it (employees vs. public).  Views read the updates from that main layer, so there is no additional editing that needs to happen.

Hope that helps