Select to view content in your preferred language

Missing Analysis button in Web Viewer - I am Creator/Administrator

04-19-2023 07:56 AM
Labels (1)
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hello!

I am the Admin of a new Organization, and I am trying to perform analysis with the Map Viewer, but the analysis button is not there.

I can use Analysis in the Map Viewer Classic, though.

My org has 10.000 credits.

Any idea why?

Thanks!

PanGIS_0-1681916132720.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Did you originally create the layer using Map Viewer Classic? What type of layer is it? Answers to those would help to zero in on why analysis is enabled for you in Classic, but not Map Viewer. Can you share the layer publicly? If so I can take a quick look.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hi @BernSzukalski @, the layer is this: 9b84e3663bbc419696e2f24b59452c32

I loaded it straight to the New Viewer.

I just noticed that with my regular organisation I can see the analysis button. This is a temporary one.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the ID. I was able to open your feature layer in my usual account and do have the analysis button enabled (like you do in your regular account).

BernSzukalski_0-1681937100315.png

Obviously this points to something peculiar about your temporary organization. Not sure how you had that setup - at this point it's best to go check with support or customer service. It is odd that you see the analysis tool available in Classic but not Map Viewer.

As a last resort, I'd double check to make sure you're a Creator in that temporary org. Otherwise, I'm baffled!

0 Kudos
MikeGarcia
New Contributor II

Hey @PanGIS

What version of AGOL/Enterprise are/were you running?  
I saw this posting from May of this year that says (New) Map Viewer Analysis will not be available for Enterprise until 11.2.  
I am on Enterprise 11.1 and seems we must Analyze in Classic Map Viewer.
Q&A: Spatial Analysis in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer 

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi @PanGIS,

If you are using ArcGIS Online, you need to meet the following requirements to see the Analysis button in the new Map Viewer:

• You have credits (I think 10 should be fine)
  • You have the correct privileges' (see: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/analyze/licensing-analysis-mv.htm)
  • You must have a hosted layer in your org. I can't tell from the above if you've created a hosted layer in your organization. If you're not sure, please try and publish a hosted layer via Pro, or uploading a zipped shp or filegdb. Once that's been published, reopen map viewer and see if the analysis button shows up. 

If you think you meet all three of those criteria, and you're still not seeing the button, please contact Esri customer support and they can work through it with you. 

If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise, you won't see analysis in Map Viewer until ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2, as @MikeGarcia noted.

Thanks,

Sarah Ambrose
Product Engineer, Web Analysis

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

We've created an FAQ here about why you might not see the analysis button in Map Viewer: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-blog/faq-why-don-t-i-see-the-analysis-button-in-map/ba-p...

0 Kudos