Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Licensing and ESRI support equally frustrating

11-06-2023 01:36 PM
Sprawls
New Contributor II

Apologies, I don't know where this one sits.. maybe on a Reddit page 😕

My issue is AGOL licensing, in particular Admin / name change. The person who set up an Admin for an organisation's AGOL put in a username and email assuming it would just be changed later. (stop laughing, please)

This organisation has ONLY ONE administrator licence. I can't create a new administrator or change another user to administrator, and a I can't delete, remove powers or anything else of the existing Administrator. We all know that one simply does not change a name with AGOL accounts.

I contacted ESRI Australia support and clearly outlining the scenario and what assistance I was requesting. I  got back an email that asked "off the sheet" questions showing my email had not been read. Later I got a "here's a link to how to change member roles..".  I am not even bothering to reply. 

1. ESRI - I was suggested to use your support team because that is what they are there for. I was really let down. 

2. ESRI - PLEASE!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, could you put us all out of this misery and just enable name changes in AGOL. People move on. People change their names - it's not strange. 

3. ESRI - could you please provide a solution for how to change an admin for an AGOL account that has only one administrator licence? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hey Eve,

I empathize with your situation. Usernames are indeed permanent. I encourage you to give Esri Australia another change to help since you will need their help to resolve this situation.

Support does have internal workflows to resolve situations like this. Please ask them to look up internal article: 000013124. It will show them what needs to be done on our side to help you get out of this situtation.