Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer problem - label positioned outside the polygon

Jump to solution
12-21-2022 07:42 AM
RodolfoFabiani1
New Contributor

I found that in the Map Viewer the labels of some polygons are not positioned correctly, in fact they are outside the polygon. Instead, if we use the Map Viewer Classic the labels are positioned correctly.

MV.jpgMVC.jpg
I attach the zip relating to the polygonal shp that have this problem.
Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is a known limitation in 4.x JSAPI. Its planned to support centroid position early next year.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is a known limitation in 4.x JSAPI. Its planned to support centroid position early next year.

RodolfoFabiani1
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply, we hope that the change will take place as soon as possible. Thanks again, I take this opportunity to wish the whole community a happy and peaceful Christmas, a splendid 2023.
0 Kudos
RodolfoFabiani1
New Contributor
Dear Russell, 
i wanted to ask you when the problem in Map Viewer related to the positioning of the labels
inside the polygon will be solved. I need to plan the delivery of a project with Experience
Builder where some polygons have this problem with the labels. Thank you, a cordial greeting.
Rodolfo
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There is still an API limitation on the label placement at the centroid of the polygon vs. inside. This will be seen across Map Viewer and Experience Builder. 

0 Kudos
RodolfoFabiani1
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, you don't have an indication when this issue will be fixed.
Thank you,
Best regards.

Rodolfo

0 Kudos
RodolfoFabiani1
New Contributor

Dear Russell, I have to develop a WebGIS service by the end of May. I wanted to ask if by that date the problem related to the positioning of the labels inside the polygon will be solved. let me know, if the problem is not resolved by the end of May I have to use Web AppBuilder instead of the Experience Builder. I ask you for a further courtesy as soon as the problem is solved you can let me know either here or directly to my email: fabianir@hotmail.com
Thank you,
Best regards

Rodolfo

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It wont be resolved by May. It is assigned to the release we have set around the UC but cannot guarantee it will make it, 

RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Having the same issue.

Map Viewer, only a single feature N-APP-2 labeled, appears outside of polygon.  Why are none of the other features labeled?

RyanBohan_0-1686607922934.png

Map viewer classic, more features labeled, labels are on the polygon they represent

RyanBohan_1-1686608045798.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are working on the centroid labeling. If you can share the web map I can compare the results. 

0 Kudos