Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer problem - label positioned outside the polygon

Jump to solution
12-21-2022 07:42 AM
RodolfoFabiani1
New Contributor

I found that in the Map Viewer the labels of some polygons are not positioned correctly, in fact they are outside the polygon. Instead, if we use the Map Viewer Classic the labels are positioned correctly.

MV.jpgMVC.jpg
I attach the zip relating to the polygonal shp that have this problem.
Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @RussRoberts,

I turned off labeling for the map.  I can share the underlying public rest service, to help with your testing. https://webmaps.sandiego.gov/arcgis/rest/services/DSD/Zoning_Overlay/MapServer/2

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

thanks for posting, checking it out. These are multipart polygons?  

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

I believe some of them are multipart polygons.

0 Kudos
TannerRollin
New Contributor II

Russ is there any movement on resolving this issue?

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think we will have something rolling out for this fall release. If you have a sample map you'd like to share I can check it out against what we are working on. 

RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @RussRoberts 

I don't have a sample map with the labels turns on.  You can use this public rest service to test.  Previously labels were showing outside of the polygon, or worse on top of another polygon which is why labels are turned off on the production map.  https://webmaps.sandiego.gov/arcgis/rest/services/DSD/Zoning_Overlay/MapServer/2

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks, just for evidence we are working on this 😜 . Using the multipart polygon layer is working against what we are currently developing for placement . Left is current placement vs. right. 

RussRoberts_1-1693335754164.png

RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Looks like there is some improvements!  Or multipart is the best to use for development as it also highlights the needs to have labels repeat.  

Of course, I would feel very differently if I was the one trying to develop the solution.  Please tell everyone working on this Thank you!

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @RussRoberts,

Awesome to hear your working on the issue, do you know when a solution will be released?  Hopefully with the next AGO update. 

The map is not yet public, the desire would have been to release with the Sidebar instant app to keep a consistent theme, however based on the labels outside of the polygons this likely be webapp classic.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It will probably roll out this fall update to all apps using the latest builds of the API.

0 Kudos