Map Viewer (new): Print layout issues (legend cutting off; field names displayed instead of alias names)

07-04-2021 05:42 PM
Labels (2)
Jakeb_Lovejoy
New Contributor

Hi there,

I've been experimenting with the new map viewer's print function and am having some difficulties:

1. The legend cuts of the display names in the exported product [see attached]
  2. The field names are displayed in the legend instead of the display names (presence of underscores instead of spaces) [see attached]

I have added and displayed data as a relationship style choropleth. I have configured fields in order to format the display name so that the underscore characters were replaced by space characters in the display name.

I then went to the Print function and have selected the following:

• Title: Brazil tree cover loss
  • Page set-up: Letter ANSI A landscape (although, have tried with different setups)
  • File format: JPEG or PDF
  • Advanced options: I checked set scale, entered an author, copyright info, and checked include legend
  • I then pressed Export.

Looking for a work around / solution to this formatting issue.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi Jake, Thanks for reporting! While we look into this, you should be able to print from Map Viewer Classic and see the configured fields in your legend. 

0 Kudos
Jakeb_Lovejoy
New Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion. I am aware of the Map Viewer Classic print functions but am looking to use more of New Map Viewer as more comes online. I look forward to you looking into this.
0 Kudos