Select to view content in your preferred language

Manage temporal data for opening and closing sites

Jump to solution
01-24-2024 02:11 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Hello Community,

I expose here what I want to do : I have data about societies and the major information that I  want to use is the Opening and Closing date of the society.

I'm working between 1950 and 2024 and some of societies was created (exemple 1973) and close few years later (exemple 2003); and some of other societies was created (exemple 1987) and actually still active (no close date).

I can with the timeline tools show on my map my points when the timeline reach the Opening Date of the society but I can't hide on my map my points when the timeline reach the Closing Date of the society.

So my question is simple : How can I manage my temporal data to use Opening AND Closing date to Show  then hide my points if the society was closed ?

I tried to use the timeline on 5 years by 5 years incrementation, but if my society was open on 1983 and still active on 2024, it disapears when i reach on 1988 and I don't want this !

Anyone have an idea ?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @JasonBOCQUET 

When you set your layer to be time enabled, did you select the option "Time ranges with a start and end time"?

IssyAmis_0-1706100658490.png

If you set this up with your open and close fields, the time slider within the map viewer should then work as expected. As a reminder, you'll find these Time settings on the overview page of the layer in question. 

Let me know if doing this still does not fix your issue and I'll be happy to look into it in more detail!

Thanks,

Issy

View solution in original post

JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

When you enabled time on your layer did you use the time range option?

JenniferAcunto_0-1706100956038.png

- Jen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @JasonBOCQUET 

When you set your layer to be time enabled, did you select the option "Time ranges with a start and end time"?

IssyAmis_0-1706100658490.png

If you set this up with your open and close fields, the time slider within the map viewer should then work as expected. As a reminder, you'll find these Time settings on the overview page of the layer in question. 

Let me know if doing this still does not fix your issue and I'll be happy to look into it in more detail!

Thanks,

Issy

JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

When you enabled time on your layer did you use the time range option?

JenniferAcunto_0-1706100956038.png

- Jen
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

@IssyAmis @JenniferAcunto thanks both of you for your answer. It works !

Just for information, i've see this option but i don't understand it was usable for date things. I'm french and working with french language, but in french it's mentionned this option is for hour type of data.

In french the term of "time" is traduced by "time range" AND by "hour" so the traduction is "plages de temps avec une heure de début et de fin" can be traduced by "time range with an starting hour and an ending hour". So I thinked it was only for hour because the option ask me to use a "Champ Heure de début" or "Start Hour Field" if I want to traduce the terms literraly.