Maintain imagery detail when zooming out

Jump to solution
06-04-2021 06:15 AM
Labels (1)
TWPFSecretariat
New Contributor II

I have an imagery tile cache that loses image detail at smaller scales. I would like to maintain the image detail at a greater range of scales. The tile cache is local and produced in ArcPro. Is there a setting I can adjust to maintain image quality. Is there a way to produce an image tile cache that is visible through a wide range of scales at the same level of detail? 

TWPFSecretariat_0-1622812381222.png

small scale

TWPFSecretariat_1-1622812474820.png

large scale

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Your screenshots appear to be showing different images at the different scales. What’s your source for creating the tile cache - is it a mosaic dataset? If so, you should zoom manually to each scale and check the imagery is displaying correctly before creating the cache. You may have to manually modify the mosaic attributes to force particular images to display at the required scales. Also check if any stretching or raster functions are being applied consistently, and overviews have been created correctly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Your screenshots appear to be showing different images at the different scales. What’s your source for creating the tile cache - is it a mosaic dataset? If so, you should zoom manually to each scale and check the imagery is displaying correctly before creating the cache. You may have to manually modify the mosaic attributes to force particular images to display at the required scales. Also check if any stretching or raster functions are being applied consistently, and overviews have been created correctly.