Labels Disappearing

Jump to solution
02-27-2023 08:32 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

For some reason, some of the labels for the Buildings layer on this map disappear when zooming in. I have set the Visible Range and they *should* be there, and they are there at one zoom level, but they disappear upon zooming in. Any idea why this could be happening and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Christina, thanks for post an example. It looks like the issue is related to the features with the labels disappearing is due to the features in the "Other" class of the types are set to not display in the map. When you set to show Other in the map the labels are appearing as expected. If you wanted to log an issue to track this I would recommend contacting support. I checked previous versions and this isn't a regression due to the recent release of Online.

RussellRoberts1_0-1677519839816.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Christina, thanks for post an example. It looks like the issue is related to the features with the labels disappearing is due to the features in the "Other" class of the types are set to not display in the map. When you set to show Other in the map the labels are appearing as expected. If you wanted to log an issue to track this I would recommend contacting support. I checked previous versions and this isn't a regression due to the recent release of Online.

RussellRoberts1_0-1677519839816.png

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

There's something funky going on with the label display for features with Null sust_regYN  .  I ticked on the symbology display for null values and set the colour to none and the labels displayed as normal.

There's must be some competing settings causing it but I'm not sure the root cause.   

0 Kudos