Select to view content in your preferred language

Web App Builder Hosted Feature Not Displaying Correctly

02-27-2023 11:39 AM
Labels (3)
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I am updating a hosted feature layer due to potential corruption to the current Hosted feature layer. I downloaded the current feature layer to be corrected in Pro then hosted the new layer to AGOL. I added the new layer to the Web Map, saved the map and then I check to see if it automatically loaded it to the Web App Builder map. It did load it; however, it is not honoring the unique values symbology that was set in the web map (see attached video). I have created this layer multiple times from scratch, and each time it does not honor the unique values setting in the web map. Is this the result of the latest update to Map Viewer? I am using map viewer with the web app builder, this was working prior to the update, as you can in the video there are2 layers for the Maintenance Zones one ending with "Zone", the updated version, and the other ending with "Zones" the original version.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Web AppBuilder uses ArcGIS JavaScript Maps SDK 3.x version and was built to use maps created in  Map Viewer Classic. It can use maps that were built in the new Map Viewer, but it cannot render anything that uses the ArcGIS JavaScript Maps SDK 4.x capabilities. This is why your map is not turning out as your expected. You would have to use Experience Builder, which is based on the 4.x technology, to properly render your map.

If you can't use Experience Builder, the safest thing to do is symbolize it in Map Viewer Classic.

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. So I symbolized the updated layer in Classic, through the visualization tab, saved it, and had the same negative results. I get what you are saying with the SDK3 vs SDK 4; however I'm curious as to why it worked before when I did everything originally in Map Viewer, not classic?  Also were you suggesting the whole map needs to be in Classic view?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you open your original map in Classic, does it show up properly?

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Yep

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Correction not all layers are showing in classic. At this point, I'm leaving things as they are and will eventually rebuild it in Experience Builder and hopefully it will consistently work with the web amp.  Thanks for the suggestions, though.

0 Kudos